Pre School Room Leader Required
Closing Date: 28/02/2018
Full time Position 37 Hours a week variable shifts based on the needs of the setting but can be flexible.
Pay dependent on experience.
Must have minimum level 3 in Childcare and Development.
Must have SEND or be willing to undertake training.
28 days paid holiday inc Bank Holidays.
Uniform supplied and Training will be given with paid travel allowance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To motivate and support a team of practitioners to create a fun, appealing and safe environment for children and staff to learn and develop – It’s our Nature to Nurture is not just a strap line!
- Inspire the team to use resources and equipment creatively to plan and provide stimulating activities for children.
- Regularly coach and observe the team, celebrating their achievements and supporting them in their development
- To work in partnership with parents making them feel proud and confident to leave their precious little ones in our care, ensuring any concerns are dealt with professionally and efficiently.
- Utilise our systems to evaluate the teams observations, record children’s learning, and plan for their next steps
- Help us to grow and develop by role modelling best practice, sharing your experience and keeping abreast of new and exciting ways of working
- To role model effective planning and delivery of activities and care for children in the Pre School ensuring that the children’s learning and developmental needs are met, and that the nursery provides a warm, welcoming and supportive environment to the children and their families.
- To take a lead role in the ordering and maintaining of resources and equipment, within agreed resources, to ensure smooth and safe running of the nursery facilities.
- To work with the Nursery Manager and other Room Leaders to ensure the nursery complies with the OFSTED and Children Act 2004 requirements and any other Standards of Childcare as agreed.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
- To keep the Nursery Manager up to date with successes, challenges and concerns relating to the team, children and their parents.
- To be a pro active member of the Nursery Management Team; sharing observations and driving best practice, delivering and participating in training; and upholding the nurseries reputation.
Please contact us on 01929 405777 or e-mail email@example.com no CV’s we will send an application pack.